Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Goal - Great Social Job Hunt

A Resume in printed form can only tell you so much about a person. You get snippets about what people have accomplished or what degree they have, but nothing at all about the person. So that is why you have face to face interviews.

In order to make it to the Interview you have to stand out among the crowd. In my employment area I am surrounded by many Universities, most of which are pumping out hundreds of educated go-getters every year with a huge debt who are willing to work for whatever money they can get hopefully in the industry of their Major.

For those of us Uneducated heathens with a wealth of working knowledge who have a house, car and family to support, Not just any position will do. Lord knows beggars can't be choosers but bagging groceries won't make the mortgage payment either. So the goal is to find a position in an area I can succeed in and get paid enough to be able to continue my current lifestyle.

Here are the qualifications of the position I am looking for:
  • Hours: Full Time, Monday - Saturday any time between 7am - 10pm
  • Location: Raleigh/Durham North Carolina, and Surrounding area, Or Telecommute
  • Travel: I am happy to Travel any amount
  • Salary: 29k per year minimum
  • Benefits: Doesn't really matter I am self insured but a retirement plan would be nice.
  • Type of company: I would love it to be a progressive small company or startup, but I am open to anything.
  • Time Frame: I am ready to go right now
  • Position: Any
Yes you read that right, Any position.. I will get into my specific qualifications next post but If the job meets most of that criteria above I will be happy.

No comments: