Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Rules of the Great Social Networking Job Hunt

You might wonder why I am setting rules if I am so desperate to find a job.. It's because not only is this a means to an end, it is also an experiment to find out if there is an alternative to the endless "Make 80k filling out surveys about pyramid scheme lingerie model chat jobs."

Can I make my own way? A better way, networking with actual people instead of blindly hoping some HR Robot which just scanned 1000 resumes before mine will choose my buzzwords over another persons.

Here are the rules I will follow:
  1. Use only Social Networking tools and the opportunities that come along with them
  2. No Blind Resume Posting (I have one but I want this to be about networking not skill lists)
  3. Big Job webpages are Not Social Networking Tools
  4. No Cattle Call Job Fairs
I plan on updating this every step of the way and hopefully documenting it for the others out there frustrated with the system.

Wish Me Luck!!

No comments: